Apr 14, 2009

Task: Cancel AA membership - Failed

One of the many tasks J and I aim to accomplish this week was to cancel my AA Plus membership because our Prius has its own AA Roadservice cover. When I called today, the woman on the other line was sort of bullish as though I were making a mistake by wanting to cancel my membership. Hah.

Question 1: Why do you want to cancel your membership?
Answer: Because our car has its own coverage and I don't think I need my membership anymore.


Question 2: What's your car registration number?
I gave it and she saw on the database that it was covered. She probably wanted to make sure I wasn't making a fake claim. Why would I even make that up, I don't know.

Warning: You understand that your car's coverage is for your car only. When you drive another car you will not be covered anymore.
Response: Yes, I understand that but I don't drive any other car.

On hold...

Useless and annoying piece of information: Your membership is valid until October 2009 and it's non-refundable.

Ugh! That's $115/2*=$57.50 down the drain. I don't think I will ever need the membership until its expiry!!!

They suck. I think it's a rip off.

*divided by half year of usage since establishment in October 2008.

1 comment: