May 1, 2008

May's grocery challenge

Back at Give Me Back My Five Bucks, there is a grocery challenge initiated. Funny reading it because I discussed with J (maybe a couple of weeks ago) about cutting down our grocery spending to $100/week, which is roughly $400 for the entire month.

This is a good time to begin the challenge because my folks are leaving this month. It's not so easy to stick to a challenge when there are guests around. Although they are leaving in the middle of the month I still feel that we can begin with the challenge and make progress as we go along.

I thought that we were gonna make it this pay period but we have gone over by some $60 now, so let's bring it next period! It will include our pack lunches, our dinners, baby formula and diapers, and throw in some pet food as well. Good luck to the challengers!

No comments:

Post a Comment