- Paid off 2 of our 3 credit cards
- Paid our monthly dues before due dates and paid slightly more than what's due - Whew! Look at all those "due" words!
- Gave birth to our wee bub! :)
- Wedding dinner - We are finally taking the plunge and hosting our dinner at a restaurant that has very good reviews. The easiest, and probably the cheapest, way to host a group of 20-25 people at dinner is to have a set menu. We were looking at $35 per head but we found out that was only good for lunch. We chose the $50 per head set menu (as it was the cheaper of the 2 sets) so roughly our bill would be between $800 and $1,250. Not all the invited are coming I think.
- Wedding bands/rings - We went for a pair of 9 carat white gold bands. I would like to get an 18 carat pair but we could do that later. At this point, we're pretty satisfied with what we got. The rings cost us around $610. We charged it.
Another expense coming up is our homecoming trip this December. Just for the tickets for the 3 of us, we're looking at spending $4,600 including taxes and fees. That's if we purchase the tickets soon. That's just the air fare. We are planning to have our christening there as well, which will probably cost us $500. Of course that's not the only expense we're going to have during our month trip. Oh, there will be a new weekly expense introduced by July and that is called daycare, and we're talking about $200/week.
Those so far are our big ticket purchases this year. Top that with paying debts, I don't know how much we will be saving at all this year. That's why I brought up taking on "challenges" with J. I mentioned lowering his allowance to $130 (from $150) or lowering our internet package to $130 (from $160). I agree with him on the allowance that it should remain the same. We agreed that we'll do a review of our internet usage after 3 months. If we remain below our monthly allowance, we'll reduce our package accordingly.