Apr 19, 2009

paying off debt or saving money?

Being away from the US may feel like we're very far from the center of recession but it exists and it's significantly affecting the rest of the world a day at a time.

When I read the new Suze Orman advice of paying only minimums towards debt, I immediately talked this over with J. He feels comfortable that our jobs are secure but I worry that this recession is just gonna blow hard. My tendency to save is getting stronger as I read more and more about saving money in this recession. However, J and I need to be on the same page about it.

I also stumbled upon this article on Stuff that clearly proves Suze's advice. It's happening in NZ - more layoffs in the future, 9-day fortnight proposals, unemployment rise to 4.7%, the list goes on and on.

Have you guys made a decision yet on this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment